NEWS AND VIEWS FROM THE GREEN PARTY IN THE LONDON BOROUGH OF BRENT

16 Mar 2022

Introducing Richard Porter, your Green candidate for Barnhill ward

 

 

I am very happy to be a candidate for the Green Party again. I first stood in my former home of Richmond in 2002.

I have lived in Brent since 2004 and in the Welsh Harp area since 2007.

I have been a fervent campaigner on Green issues since my teens. I would like to see Green Party representation on Brent Council to make sure their policies promote, rather than damage, the environment, in these times of climate emergency.

I would especially like to promote the insulation of houses, which will help cut household fuel costs in these days of rapidly rising energy prices.

During the pandemic I was an enthusiastic visitor to the local green spaces, such as Fryent Country Park and the Welsh Harp and want to see all is done to preserve these wonderful resources we have in our area.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Insulation is fundamental. Refitting windows follows. With so much old housing being of the same template - terraced, conforming specifications - it seems that costs can be kept down if efforts are coordinated by central government (rather than each home occupier trying t achieve retrofits on their own.

    ReplyDelete