NEWS AND VIEWS FROM THE GREEN PARTY IN THE LONDON BOROUGH OF BRENT

17 Mar 2022

Introducing Marion Dunmore your Green candidate for Roundwood ward

 

Everything is connected.  Each of us bears responsibility for our actions.  While we face global challenges, what we do in Brent counts. I believe councillors are here to hold those in power to account and to apply our budget to a greener, socially just future for the whole community … by scrutinising spending and improving communication from the Council to improve awareness of the budget so citizens appreciate the role they play. The Council working for us – we all work together.

 

I am happily British by marriage. Growing up in an American family who campaigned for racial justice shaped my political views and belief in engagement for a better future. Living in Willesden for 20 years, I have been a school governor in Brent Schools, librarian in Brent libraries, and volunteered in local theatre.  I am retired from a career in libraries and teaching, including eight years at Preston Manor School in Wembley. I am a passionate gardener, allotment holder, and volunteer in Roundwood Park. 

 

I believe Brent needs rapid change to provide opportunities for our young people and to meet the challenges of climate, food, energy, and housing security. To meet these challenges, we must act quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment