1. Immediate implementation of the LLW of £8.30 backdated to 1 Sept 2011.
2. Immediate implementation of sick pay for outsourced wokers on the same terms as enjoyed by other University of London employees.
3. Commitment to implement LLW upgrades on an annual basis.
1. The LLW is an hourly rate of pay, currently £8.30, set independently each year by the Greater London Assembly.
2. All our directly employed staff are already paid above the LLW and also have access to a wide range of benefits which compare well with other London employers.
3. All contract staff, such as cleaners, porters and security, are employees of Balfour Beatty Workplace (BBW) and will receive the LLW by July 2012.
4. The University is working closely with BBW over implementation, which has already been brought forward by a year as a sign of our commitment.
5. We are fully committed to introducing LLW by July 2012, but to commit to doing so earlier would mean failing to address the significant implications for responsible financial and staff management.